Northern New Jersey
One Main Street, Suite 202
Chatham, NJ 07928
The Advantage of Doing Business in the Northeast
- This region affords vital access to many global markets, including Canada. Six out of ten major U.S. markets lie within a 500-mile radius of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s capital.
- In Pennsylvania alone there is a 120,000-mile highway system, 134 public use airports, 69 railroads, more than 5,100 miles of railways, and 3 ports that allow businesses to transport goods with ease.
- The Port of New York and New Jersey is the largest port complex on the east coast of North America and the second largest in the United States.
- The port's strategic location, developed transportation infrastructure, and access to a significant percentage of the national market within one day’s drive are key assets that have made the region a gateway for international trade.
- New Jersey alone would rank as the 18th largest economy in the world and ranks 6th among all U.S. states in foreign direct investment.
- Over 205 of the world’s Fortune 500® companies are headquartered in or near the region, with more that 1,100 multi-national firms from over 40 nations.
- Pennsylvania has been recognized by the Tax Foundation and Council on State Taxes for a business friendly tax code and ranked as one of the lowest states in business taxes.
- The region is the undisputed leader in technology and, with access to some of the best colleges and universities in the world, the workforce is highly skilled and motivated.