Within a day’s drive of two-thirds of the population, Louisville's central location and excellent transportation infrastructure have made it the center for U.S. logistics operations. Bullitt County is located along Interstate 65, just south of Louisville and mere minutes away from Louisville International Airport and the UPS Worldport, a major international air-shipping hub. Kentucky’s transportation infrastructure includes:
- 2,760 miles of railroad track leading to all points in the U.S.
- An exceptional highway system that includes ten interstate highways and four interstate bypass loops
- Two global shipping hubs, including the UPS Worldport in Louisville
- Five commercial airports, including two international airports
- 1,100 miles of commercially navigable waterways
Learn more about the location and logistics of Kentucky or the Louisville region.